First Time Home Buyers
Feel the joy of saving money with your great rate and better mortgage — the first time out.
Take advantage of our deep mortgage experience. And lower rates, of course.
We’ve been doing this mortgage thing for quite a while (to the tune of over in funded Canadian mortgages, in fact). And unlike a bank, our brokers have the freedom to check with all lenders to get you the best rate for your situation. Plus, our volume allows us to pass along a rate discount, which can add up to thousands over the life of your mortgage.
Talk to us — we make it easy, and there’s no cost and no obligation. It’s literally a no-brainer. Or simply apply now for a fast response and unbeatable mortgage advice.
More than great rates, the type of mortgage you get really matters.
See an ultra, ultra low rate on the web? Guess what? The mortgage that comes with it may trap you with higher penalties or restrictions that cost you more money in the long run or at renewal time. For your first mortgage, it’s important to get the right fit at the best rate so that it works for you over the long term.
That’s where we come in — we know mortgages inside and out and can find the right one for you. If you go to your bank, you’ll only get what they offer. We can check with all of them which means you can sleep easy knowing that you didn’t miss out on a better option.
Need cash upfront? We can offer Cash Back Mortgages on both variable and fixed rates. Ask us if this option is right for you.
Your very first home is exciting, yet intimidating — here’s how we make it easy.
Besides being a big commitment, it may be the single most important financial decision you’ll ever make. That sounds hard, but we make the process easy and smooth, while saving you a pile of cash:
- Chat with us for great info and tips to ensure you get your mortgage in a flash.
- See your numbers with our designed-for-you mortgage calculators and other helpful tools.
- Apply online easily. Our form quickly funnels your questions to target your situation, and tells you what info you need to provide. Hit ‘submit,’ and we get back to you shockingly fast.
- Or, connect with us via social, email or over the phone.
- Get an expert broker who can help you make the best choices for your unique situation.
- Know that you’ll get the best rate and mortgage fit, with unified, expert brokers who do all the haggling for you (we’re very competitive on your behalf).
- Understand the difference between a variable and fixed rate, and what payment type you should start with.
- Get a real person who helps you, right to the end. In fact, we’re with you when you first walk through your own front door (just kidding, but we’re with you in spirit, doing a dance of joy).
Your first mortgage — there are programs and rebates to help.
We have great advice that may help soften the financial blow of your first home. With higher entry prices, especially in larger-centre markets, there are federal and provincial programs and rebates available:
- First Home Savings Account (FHSA) offers a tax free way to save and withdraw funds towards your first home down payment and buying cost.
- RRSP Home Buyers Plan (HBP) allows you to borrow from your savings to put towards a down payment, interest free.
- First-Time Home Buyer Incentive program provides federal funds to top up your down payment.
- Federal First Time Home Buyers Tax Credit that can provide up to $750 to put towards closing costs.
- Other federal and provincial tax rebates that may provide extra funds towards closing costs and GST/HST relief.
Feel free to talk to us even before you want to apply, to get the info you need. Then, when you’re ready, we’ll check with the lenders on your behalf and take you through all the options for your best financing solution. You’ll get your mortgage approved at the best rate and most flexible terms.
You’ll save thousands, giving you the best start for your very first home.
Need a realtor? We can help with that too — with referrals based on our long-standing, trusted relationships within the industry.
A smoooooth process, from beginning to end.
It’s your first mortgage, but definitely not ours. You’ll have peace-of-mind knowing that our highly-trained brokers use their insights to assist you through every step of your mortgage process, smooth as silk:
- Your Down Payment: When you first buy a home, the amount of your down payment can make a difference, though a borrower may go as low as 5% down if you have an excellent credit history. We can help you look into various strategies and programs to help fund your down payment.
- Your Pre-Approval: We quickly determine the mortgage amount and best interest rate for which you qualify, according to the latest federal stress-test requirements. Most True North Mortgage pre-approvals come with a 120-day rate hold (depending on the lender) — so when you start house-hunting, you have a good idea of what you can afford plus some time to find the perfect place. We will set you up for success to help ensure your pre-approval goes all the way to the finish line.
- The Purchase of Your Home: Make sure to include a condition day, and give yourself at least one week to finalize all financing. Don’t forget to use the time to get a home inspection!
- Your Paperwork: Our mortgage broker will explain, in detail, all of the paperwork that the bank/lender requires.
- The Close: All paperwork will be sent to the lawyer of your choice.
When you first walk through your (own) door, you’ll feel the joy of knowing that you got the best mortgage rate and fit, and that we’re always here for you in the future (think mortgage renewal time!).