Mortgages for the Self-Employed
If you’re self employed or a business owner — is your mortgage process different? Get clear details and advice on your best mortgage path, with the best rates.
Find the right mortgage that fits your business income.
We have the lending answers for you, and the better rates to go with it.
You declare your earnings in a different way than typical mortgage applications, so naturally, your mortgage requirements are a bit different.
At Flash Financial Mortgages, our expert brokers can offer you lending options that don’t require traditional third-party validation of income. This type of mortgage typically requires a minimum of 35% down — however, it can be done for as little as 10% down through our business for self program.
Plus, we pass along our volume discount, for a rate advantage that makes good business sense. A few minutes with us could save you thousands, and our super smooth process will save you time and stress.
Don’t just take our word for it, our clients have the last (positive) word on our unbeatable service, giving us the most 5-star reviews in the B.C. mortgage industry.
The features of the business-for-self program to help secure your mortgage financing
- Available for purchases and refinances
- Can finance up to 90% on purchases
- Competitive mortgage rates apply
- Insurance premiums are slightly higher than standard premiums
Requirements they look for (reviewed on a case-by-case basis):
- Great credit
- Minimum of 2 years Business-For-Self tenure
- Income stated must be reasonable
- Minimum of 5% of your down payment must come from own resources
- Proof that no income taxes are owing
- Additional requirements may apply
A larger down payment provides you with more flexibility
In this case, lenders will be able to offer more flexibility in looking at your numbers, such as your source of income, length of time you’ve been self-employed, and your credit score.